Any girl that has shared special friendships and bonds knows that her wedding day means more than one proposal. The next step a bride-to-be surely thinks about after saying yes to her soulmate is how she is going to propose to her soul sisters in the same meaningful and memorable way.
This personalized gift book is a great start because its journaling pages allow the bridal party to take a sweet and fun trip down memory lane. The book includes blank entries with writing prompts for the bride to complete before gifting to her dearest friends. Intertwined into the chapters are fun facts and folklore about wedding traditions and history. If you’d like to take your gifting up a notch, you can use My Dearest Bridesmaid to anchor a bridesmaid proposal gift basket that will surely help your best friends not only agree to be in your wedding, but also be genuinely excited about it! It’s a sweet and friendly reminder that their friendship means a lot to you.
It’s nice to give bridal party gifts as your wedding draws near, but it’s even more thoughtful to begin your wedding planning process by showing your girlfriends your appreciation for them from the get-go. A bridesmaid gift basket is the perfect bridesmaid proposal or thank you gift. As shown in the examples in this post, you can be as detailed or as minimal as you’d like in your basket-making adventure.
Every bridesmaid knows that being in a wedding is an expensive and time consuming commitment. This is especially true as brides get married later in life and members of the wedding party are likely to have other responsibilities pulling them in different directions. That doesn’t mean women aren’t excited about standing by their best friends on their big day. Their loyalty and willingness to help is just one more piece of evidence proving their awesomeness. And for that, they deserve an awesome bridesmaid proposal gift basket!
Before making your basket – there are some key things to think about:
- Color Scheme: Do you already know your wedding colors? If so, here is an opportunity for you to begin branding your wedding by incorporating your colors and choosing a basket, ribbon or tissue paper that matches your overall theme. If you don’t know your colors yet, no need to stress! Just make the basket look cute. You can also incorporate each bridesmaid’s favorite color into their own personalized theme.
- Budget: Included below are many suggestions, but you don’t want to break the bank right at the start of your wedding planning! A lovely gift would be a small basket, with a personalized book and one other item. Buy a bag of Hershey kisses or your friend’s favorite candy, a few nail polishes, sprinkle them about, and you’re good to go.
- Season: Depending on the time of year, you can include something that makes sense for your wedding, like flip flops, sunscreen or cozy socks!
- Personalization: You know your friend best. What do they love to do? Are they a sports fan, or do you share any inside jokes? Here is an opportunity to remind her that you know her best!
Feel like being the best bride ever? Here is what you will need to create your Bridesmaid Gift Basket:
- A functional container (basket, bin, crate, tote bag, overnight bag, decorative bowl, etc.) to arrange all of your mini gifts in one collective place. You’ll want something big enough to house everything you want to gift, but not so big that you are unable to make the basket feel full or complete. Keep an eye out for opportunities to buy a set of baskets or bridesmaid totes, to save money and make things easier on yourself depending on the size of your bridal party. This set from Walmart could be a good option. There are also a ton of adorable bridesmaid tote sets for sale on Amazon and Etsy.
- An anchor gift to build from, such as My Dearest Bridesmaid: A Heartfelt Keepsake from the Bride in your Life. Just be sure to fill out the journal entries prior to wrapping up your basket!
- A framed picture of you with your friend, preferably something from the good old days 🙂
- Cellophane Wrap
- Ribbon in your chosen color scheme, or something that matches your basket
Other Suggestions for Filling your Bridesmaid Basket:
- Personalized bracelet
- Hair ties or scrunchies
- Hair brush
- Gel pens
- Soap or bath bombs
- Coffee mug
- Chewing gum or mints
- Cheap sunglasses
- Nail polish
- Wine Glass
- Mini Champagne or Wine Bottle
- Aromatic putty
- Gloves, scarf, cozy socks or other accessory
- Movie you both love
- Foldable flats
- Graphic tee
- Fidget spinner
- Homemade cookies
Where to Shop
Tip: Don't forget to keep an eye out for sale and clearance items to use as basket fillers!
- Dollar Store
- Hobby Lobby
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Five Below
- Home Goods
- T. J. Maxx